Title: Two Bee
• This listing is to COMMISSION/ORDER a slate.
• Hand carved, v-incised Trajan letter "B" with bas relief carving of a bee into slate
with hammer and chisel.
• 10 1/8 x 5/8 x 29 1/2"
• Wall mount with receiving bracket for wall
• Stone will be signed by the artist and
include card detailing the process.
• As with all custom orders, the artist works
closely with the client. Weekly email updates
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.
top of page
bottom of page