A Hand carved Trajan letter G in slate. Art tile, decorative tile.
A Trajan letter "G"
hand chiseled in black slate,
scribed with lines
indicating the lovely
Just right for a shelf
Title: TRAJAN LETTER "G" This is a listing to ORDER/COMMISSION
a Trajan letter "G" or another letter of the alphabet.
(Simply write which letter in the notes box during
• Hand chiseled v-incised Trajan letter "G" in slate using hammer and chisel.
• Engraved mathematical lines indicating proportions.
• Wall mount.
• Can also be ordered with carved oak stand(See last photo.)
using 101 yr old oak from the artist's land.
Simply choose "With oak stand" from the drop down menu.
• Size: Approx. 4 x 4" and just under 1 inch in thickness.
• Can be made slightly larger--4 1/2 x 4 1/2 for the same cost.
• Card included detailing the process.
• Signed by the artist on the reverse.
Any letter of the alphabet can be commissioned.
Thank you, kindly.
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.
This is an example of the Trajan letter form based on
the letters found on Trajan's column in Rome, Italy.