A hand carved letter Trajan letter "A" in marble with hammer and chisel, art tile, custom memorial gravestone. Can be personalized.
Title: Trajan Letter "A"
Medium: Marble . Oak
• Handcarved V-incised letter Trajan letter "A" into marble--the old way with hammer and chisel.
• Scribe lines indicating mathematical proportions.
• Display stand is 101 year old oak from the artist's land.
• Both the stone and the stand have been signed by the artist.
• 7 x 5 x 10" hi
• Carved in a slightly distressed slab of marble.
*Any letter of the alphabet can be carved.
Please email for details or simply indicate which letter
you would like carved in the notes box during check out.
Thank you, kindly.
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.