A hand carved slate with the Trajan letter "A." Personalized letter in stone.
Just the Trajan letter "A"
hand chiseled in slate.
Just right for a shelf
or mantle or niche.
Title: TRAJAN LETTER "A"
Medium: Slate . Oak
• Hand carved v-incised Trajan letter "A" in slate using hammer and chisel.
• Engraved mathematical lines indicating proportions.
• 101 yr old oak from the artist's land.
• Both slate and oak stand are signed.
* Any letter of the alphabet can be ordered/commissioned.
Simple write the desired letter in the notes box
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.
This is an example of the Trajan letter form based on
the letters found on Trajan's column in Rome, Italy.