Title: Gravity Bowl ©
Medium: Limestone . Steel . Hand carved v-incised letters--the old way with hammer and chisel.
(*Mainly what one sees today are sandblasted letters using mechanical methods.)
• Available for COMMISSION/ORDER.
• Hand shaped bowl carved in limestone with HAND CARVED v- incised letters.
• Fabricated custom steel stand can be included(*choose second option from drop down menu.)
• 37" hi, the stone bowl itself measures 10 x 12 x 3" in thickness.
• Bookhand letters.
• As with all custom orders, the artist works closely
with the client. Weekly email updates are sent.
This listing is to commission/order a limestone bowl with the word "gravity"
hand carved with v-incised letters.
***Due to shipping costs of heavy work,
pickup at studio is an option.
Please email before ordering,
and a link to this listing
WITHOUT shipping charges will be
emailed to you.
Thank you, kindly.
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.
top of page
bottom of page