Title: Celtic Alphabet Stone
Medium: Slate . Steel . Oak/Pine
• This stone is available BY COMMISSION.
• Celtic alphabet hand carved in slate using hammer and chisel--the old way--a tap a time.
• Bas relief carving of Celtic knot underneath alphabet.
• Steel and oak custom fabricated stand is included(see third photo.)
• Steel thumbscrew insert attaches stone to it's stand.
• 60" hi, the stone itself is 18 x 22 x 1" in thickness. Foot print of stand is approx. 12 x 12".
• As with all custom orders, the artist works
closely with the client. Weekly email updates
• Custom lamp is available as seen in
the Trajan Alphabet stone listing here:
• 6 - 8 weeks to complete.
*Due to the costs of shipping larger/heavy work,
pickup at the studio is an option.
Please email before placing order if you
would prefer to do so,
and a link to this listing without shipping costs
will be emailed to you.
Free delivery within a 50 mile radius of Asheville NC.
Thank you, kindly.
ABOUT HAND CARVED LETTERS
Letters hand carved are very much a lost art.
What one commonly sees today are sandblasted letters
using mechanical methods(rubber templates and very little time)
They are static and still, and to this artist's way of thinking,
have no soul.
Keeping the letters alive by first painting the letters
with brush and then carving the letters with hammer and chisel.
This is how it was done in Greek and Roman times.
When one visits old graveyards hand carved
v-incised letters can still be seen.